|Application deadline:||Rolling admission. Priority deadlines are February 15 and October 1|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||Any time|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||48 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Film and Digital Media will have the ability to:
* Articulate a wide range of concepts and ideas relating to film and digital media through well structured written compositions demonstrating the capabilities to express, inform, analyze, evaluate, persuade, conduct research and use primary and secondary sources.
* Translate their imaginative ideas into words, film and other digital media in work which demonstrates a well-developed degree of control over language, narrative technique and form.
* Apply skills of analysis, synthesis and evaluation to elucidate the purposes of film and digital media, theories and skills associated with fi lm and digital media studies, the messages of film and digital media content, and the reasoning behind content choices (film and digital media literacy).
* Demonstrate high levels of competence in using computer technology as the main component of Digital Media (web-related software, including training in web design, graphic design, as well as non-linear editing software for the completion of film and digital media projects) and in using video, sound recording, lighting, and postproduction equipment to produce their own media projects (e.g., digital films, TV commercials, experimental films, music videos, etc.) so that they are able to succeed in entry-level positions or begin graduate studies.
* Identify information needs, access and evaluate information from a variety of sources and use information ethically and legally to accomplish specific purposes within the context of film and digital media research.
* Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the power of film and digital media to persuade and inform audiences, and to foster a sense of social responsibility, professionalism, ethics and civic engagement.
The Bachelor of Arts in Film and Digital Media requires successful completion of 120 credits made up of a 37-credit general education requirement, a 42-credit major and 41 credits of free electives. Students must achieve a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.00 on a 4.00 scale, and earn at least a C grade (2.00) in every core course in the major (24 credits).
The General Education Requirements
* Foundational Skills: First Year Seminar; Writing Skills; Quantitative and Scientific Reasoning; Italian language; IT skills; Information Literacy; Oral Presentation Skills
* The Individual in a Multicultural Society; Three courses from a list in the Catalog
* United States Government and Society; One course from a list in the Catalog
* Roma Caput Mundi; One course from a list in the Catalog
* COM 100 Introduction to Mass Media
* CIN 200 Survey of Film History
* COM 205 Principles of Film and Media Production
* COM 215 The Computer as a Media Tool
* COM 217 Media Technology
* COM 305 Media Law and Ethics
* CIN 498 Capstone Senior Project
* CIN 499 Capstone Senior Project
Film and Digital Media Electives
* Students may take a broad program of study which draws upon a selection of the courses from a list in the catalog or they may focus their Film and Digital Media electives by taking a Concentration of 18 credits. A minimum of three upper-level courses must be taken.
Visual Media Production and Technology Concentration
* Six courses from a list in the Catalog.
Film and Digital Media Studies Concentration
* Six courses from a list in the Catalog.
* Free electives can be used towards satisfying a minor, to supplement a major or to explore other academic areas.
Admission to The American University of Rome is selective. Candidates for admission to the University are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Students are selected without regard to age, race, sex, creed, national or ethnic origin or handicap. Requests for financial aid do not affect decisions on admission.
Candidates for admission must show evidence they have completed or anticipate completing a level of education equivalent to four years of high school.
Applicants from high school or a secondary school are required to submit:
* A completed application form accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of 50
* An official transcript of high school work
* One academic recommendation from the principal, a guidance counselor, teacher or professor
* Results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT). Results of the SAT or the ACT examinations are only required for high school students graduating from a U.S. high school system, whether in the U.S. or abroad.
* Official TOEFL score or another English language proficiency exam for applicants whose native language is not English
* 500-word statement
* 250-word essay on one of three topics
AUR requires a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 and a combined SAT total score of 1500 or 21 on the ACT. However each applicant is reviewed individually. Leadership, motivation, academic improvement, the level of the high school programs difficulty, involvement in activities and potential for growth are important considerations in the application review process.
All documents must be original and sent from their original source (i.e. ETS Center, College Board, the high school/university and teacher/professor/counselor).
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from TOEFL or another English language proficiency examination. The proficiency examination requirement may be waived for applicants who complete their secondary education at English-speaking institutions. The American University of Rome TOEFL institutional code for reporting purposes is 0579. AUR accepts a score of 557 on the written exam, 233 on the computer based exam and 90 on the inter¬net based exam. Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained at
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||557|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||233|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
The American University of Rome is committed to assisting students whose academic merit and financial need warrant support. AUR aims to give every student the opportunity to take advantage of a high quality education and, accordingly, offers several scholarships. All scholarships offered by AUR are renewable annually until degree requirements are met for a maximum of four years.
For more information:
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
bachelorsportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.