English Language Requirements
Admission to The American University of Rome is selective. Candidates for admission to the University are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Students are selected without regard to age, race, sex, creed, national or ethnic origin or handicap. Requests for financial aid do not affect decisions on admission.
Candidates for admission must show evidence they have completed or anticipate completing a level of education equivalent to four years of high school.
Applicants from high school or a secondary school are required to submit:
- A completed application form accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of 50
- An official transcript of high school work
- One academic recommendation from the principal, a guidance counselor, teacher or professor
- Results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT). Results of the SAT or the ACT examinations are only required for high school students graduating from a U.S. high school system, whether in the U.S. or abroad.
- Official TOEFL score or another English language proficiency exam for applicants whose native language is not English
- 500-word statement
- 250-word essay on one of three topics
AUR requires a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 and a combined SAT total score of 1500 or 21 on the ACT. However each applicant is reviewed individually. Leadership, motivation, academic improvement, the level of the high school programs difficulty, involvement in activities and potential for growth are important considerations in the application review process.
All documents must be original and sent from their original source (i.e. ETS Center, College Board, the high school/university and teacher/professor/counselor).
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from TOEFL or another English language proficiency examination. The proficiency examination requirement may be waived for applicants who complete their secondary education at English-speaking institutions. The American University of Rome TOEFL institutional code for reporting purposes is 0579. AUR accepts a score of 557 on the written exam, 233 on the computer based exam and 90 on the inter¬net based exam. Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained at www.toefl.org.
No work experience is required.
This is not really what I am looking for. Show me other Bachelor programmes.