|Application deadline:||Rolling Admission, February 15, October 1, March 30|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||Any time|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||48 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration curriculum provides a broad, professional foundation in all functional areas of business. Students follow a structured, organic core curriculum that introduces them to the various functions (marketing, finance, operations, accounting) of business, provides them with the quantitative tools (algebra, statistics, computer science, economics, decision science) necessary to understand and interpret data, and introduces them to prevailing management theories and paradigms as well as issues related to legal and ethical concerns in the business arena.
Upper level courses incorporate case analyses, group projects and creative problem solving. All students take the capstone course, Strategic Management, in their last spring semester, which is a seminar-style, case-based application of the tools and concepts acquired in the first three years of study.
The program has an international focus with many opportunities for students to explore the social and cultural ramifications of operating in the global economy. The nature of the student body complements the international flavor of the program. AUR Business students represent more than 30 different countries.
The program promotes a work ethic that prepares students for working in diverse multi-cultural environments. Interdisciplinary learning opportunities allow students to understand how different world views can affect the functioning of business.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program will enable students to:
* Select and apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methodologies to analyze problems in a business context.
* Develop creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems.
* Develop leadership and organizational skills, working in teams toward common objectives.
* Apply a variety of communication methods that are used in the business world in order to articulate and resolve business problems.
* Situate business problems and appropriate solutions within their cultural and ethical contexts.
Students armed with the AUR Business degree are ready to begin their careers in business in the fields of marketing, finance, manufacturing, sales, advertising and management, and should be comfortable working in either American or international settings. The degree also provides a firm foundation for MBA graduate study.
Our program introduces students to all the functional and quantitative areas of business studies. Our curriculum is grounded in accounting, finance, marketing, and operations. Students learn about prevailing management theories as well as issues related to legal and ethical concerns in the international economy.
Upper-level courses incorporate case analyses, group projects and creative problem solving. All students spend their last semester completing their six-credit Capstone, made up of two elements that represent the academic culmination of the program. The first, the Strategic Management course, is a seminar-style, case-based application of the tools and concepts acquired in the first three years of study. This is complemented by the Advisor-supervised researching. writing and presentation of a Strategic Audit, a 360° semester-long analysis of a publicly held firm.
Our program has a global focus with a dozen courses devoted to international issues and students from 40 countries contributing their perspectives. Our approach ensures extensive exposure to the social and cultural challenges of living and working in todays global economy.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration requires successful completion of 120 credits made up of a 37-credit General Education requirement, a 45-48 credit major and 35-38 credits of free electives. Students must achieve a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.00 on a 4.00 scale and earn at least a C grade (2.00) in every core course (33 credits).
The General Education Requirements
* Foundational Skills: First Year Seminar; Writing Skills; Quantitative and Scientific Reasoning; Italian language; IT skills; Information Literacy; Oral Presentation Skills
* The Individual in a Multicultural Society; Three courses from a list in the Catalog
* United States Government and Society; One course from a list in the Catalog
* Roma Caput Mundi; One course from a list in the Catalog
* ACC 201 Financial Accounting
* ACC 202 Managerial Accounting
* BUS 200 Business Law or BUS 302 International Business Law
* CSC 201 Computer Applications for Business
* ECO 211 Principles of Macroeconomics
* ECO 212 Principles of Microeconomics
* MGT 201 Principles of Management
* MKT 200 Principles of Marketing
* BUEN 307 Writing for Business
* FNC 300 Managerial Finance
* MGT 308 Operations Management or MGT 310 Quantitative Methods for Business
* MGT 499 Strategic Management (Capstone Course)
Business Administration Electives
* Students may take 12 credits from a list in the Catalog or any other BUS, ECO, FNC, MGT or MKT courses chosen in consultation with their academic advisor.
Concentrations: Students may focus their Business Studies electives by taking a Concentration of 15 credits in Finance, Management, Marketing, The Business of Art and Art History/Archeology
* Free Electives can be used towards satisfying a minor, to supplement a major or to explore other academic areas.
Admission to The American University of Rome is selective. Candidates for admission to the University are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Students are selected without regard to age, race, sex, creed, national or ethnic origin or handicap. Requests for financial aid do not affect decisions on admission.
Candidates for admission must show evidence they have completed or anticipate completing a level of education equivalent to four years of high school.
Applicants from high school or a secondary school are required to submit:
* A completed application form accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of 50
* An official transcript of high school work
* One academic recommendation from the principal, a guidance counselor, teacher or professor
* Results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT). Results of the SAT or the ACT examinations are only required for high school students graduating from a U.S. high school system, whether in the U.S. or abroad.
* Official TOEFL score or another English language proficiency exam for applicants whose native language is not English
* 500-word statement
* 250-word essay on one of three topics
AUR requires a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 and a combined SAT total score of 1500 or 21 on the ACT. However each applicant is reviewed individually. Leadership, motivation, academic improvement, the level of the high school programs difficulty, involvement in activities and potential for growth are important considerations in the application review process.
All documents must be original and sent from their original source (i.e. ETS Center, College Board, the high school/university and teacher/professor/counselor).
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from TOEFL or another English language proficiency examination. The proficiency examination requirement may be waived for applicants who complete their secondary education at English-speaking institutions. The American University of Rome TOEFL institutional code for reporting purposes is 0579. AUR accepts a score of 557 on the written exam, 233 on the computer based exam and 90 on the inter¬net based exam. Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained at
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||557|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||233|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
The American University of Rome is committed to assisting students whose academic merit and financial need warrant support. AUR aims to give every student the opportunity to take advantage of a high quality education and, accordingly, offers several scholarships. All scholarships offered by AUR are renewable annually until degree requirements are met for a maximum of four years.
For more information:
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
bachelorsportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.