|Application deadline:||Rolling admission; Non EU: June 1; December 1|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, March 2015|
|Credits:|| 180 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Become a certified expert for
* MPI Global Meeting & Business Events
* MPI Certified Meeting Professional
* MPI Certification in Meeting Management
* MPI Executive Leadership Programme
* Skilled Supervisor
The study programme Event Management is practice-oriented and teaches basic economic knowledge, specific management knowledge for fairs, exhibitions, congresses and corporate events. Your career possibilities with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Event Management are manifold - just as manifold as the events, which you will realize.
* The most renowned international network Meeting Professionals International (MPI) with more than 24,000 members in over 80 countries, among them nearly every multinational company worldwide
* Lecturers with proven practical and international experience
* Small student to lecture ratio
* Close interaction between theory and practical elements through case studies, projects and internships
* Acquire crucial soft skills and leadership abilities
* Benefit from additional foreign language courses and international experience
* Qualify as a certified expert, in cooperation with the worldwide biggest network for Event Managers (MPI)
* International net of renowned partner universities for optional studies abroad
* Make use of a top-class network of industry contacts for internships and career
* Internship in Germany or abroad
* Broad variety of additional lectures from top managers of the industry (Honnef Business Talks, Extra Curriculum)
Fairs, exhibitions, conferences in a business, scientific, economic or political context, marketing meetings of companies or public cultural events - the event industry is versatile!
Connected with the creating of special experiences, events will take a more and more prominent role in the communicating of objectives, management requests, Marketing and PR-measures etc. Event and PR-agencies, exhibition corporations, cultural offices, marketing departments of companies on national and international levels take care of these tasks.
The three core elements of the curriculum are:
* Business economics Courses in Business Studies form the basis of the programme. Examples of courses in this field are: Mathematics, Statistics, Integrated Service Management, and Finance & Accounting.
* Industry-specific courses students gain knowledge of the event industry in all its various aspects and acquire in depth expertise in specific management-related subjects such as Management and Marketing in the field of Fairs and Exhibitions, Congress Management, Corporate Events, Trade Fair Marketing and Development, Strategic Event Communication. The focus is on complex Event projects, Budgeting, Financing and Controlling of events.
* Employability Computer training, foreign language courses, Business Communication, etc. are all vital for our graduates in the employment market.
Courses are conducted in the form of lectures and seminars. The maximum size of a class is 30 students thus allowing and intensifying interactive communication between professors and students.
One 5-6 month internship enables our students to turn their academic knowledge into practical experience. This internship, representing a crucial element of our study programmes, can be either in Germany or abroad. Students establish first ties with the industry and have the chance to make a first impression on potential employers.
A further addition to the study programme's emphasis on practical experience is the university's "Extra Curriculum". The Extra Curriculum is offered once a week during the first semester. Participation is optional.
The programme consists of the following elements:
* Workshops and conferences on and off campus on different subjects
* Guest lectures from experts in the Event Management industry
* Field trips to industry-specific companies, e.g. event agencies
The Extra Curriculum works as an excellent orientation tool in the first semester and provides our students with first-hand insights into the world of Event Management. In this way, our students learn more about how the industry is structured and in which types of company work opportunities exist.
* Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate
* Telephone interview
* TOEFL/IELTS score report (Requirements: TOEFL 80 of 120, IELTS 6.0 of 9.0) or Cambridge Certificate ESOL (CAE grade B overall, CPE grade C overall, BEC Vantage)
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|