0 kilometres away in Wels
26.5 kilometres away in Linz
26.6 kilometres away in Linz
27 kilometres away in Linz am Rhein
30.4 kilometres away in Linz
32.8 kilometres away in Steyr
45.1 kilometres away in Hagenberg im Mühlkreis
81.9 kilometres away in Salzburg
83.9 kilometres away in Salzburg
84 kilometres away in Salzburg
The Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences is one of the leading Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences. We offer an internationally recognized, well-established, practice-oriented education at university level at four locations in the central region of Upper Austria. We also support the economy with cutting-edge products from our research and development centers.
The Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences, one of Austrias top universities of applied sciences, provides you with a practice-oriented course of study which is internationally recognized. The degree programmes offered by our 4 faculties have been developed in close cooperation with industry and with organizations. They provide subject specific competence in the fields of technology, information technology, economics and in social sciences together with a broad choice of subjects from the fields of languages, law, economics and communication studies.
Specified duration of study
* Sufficient study places in practical class and seminars
* Courses and examinations can be completed within the specified time period no waiting times
* State-of-the-art infrastructure
* Concrete projects enable university of applied sciences students to come into direct contact with the economy at an early stage of their degree programme
* The compulsory work placement (9-15 weeks in a bachelors degree) offers students an opportunity to put into practice and consolidate the skills they have already acquired this can also be done abroad
* Multidisciplinary projects and case studies serve to enrich the teaching
* Lecturers from industry guarantee practice-oriented, relevant knowledge
Specialist and Social Competence
* Specialist competence is provided by recognized experts from both science and industry
* Mediation of Social Competence through personality training seminars right from the start of the degree programme
* An exchange semester with a partner university is possible insofar as it is possible for their courses to be recognized as part of our degree programme
* Foreign Languages (English is compulsory) taught by native speakers
Favourable Study Conditions
* Individual supervision by academic staff
* Small practical class groups
* Practical classes for weak points
* Course content is attuned to the needs of the economy, NPOs or the field of healthcare
* Good job and career opportunities
* Support in finding work placement or job
* Students Union ensures that students have a voice
No tuition fees
International Office Services
* Information and advising for students and staff about study and internships abroad and teaching staff exchanges
* Advising and assisting exchange students and guest professors
* Coordination and administration of EU mobility programs (Lifelong Learning)
* Acquiring new partner universities
* International projects
"Life begins in Linz,"
or so they say in German ("In Linz beginnt's"). Indeed, Linz is full of life, and that's not surprising. Linz is the capital of Upper Austria, Austria's third largest city (pop. 200,000), and home to five universities. Located on the Danube River between Salzburg and Vienna, this 1000 year-old town is a great place to study. Its elegant old town boasts a thriving music and entertainment scene, museums, concert halls, unique shops and scores of pubs, cafes and restaurants.
We do lots of sports along and on the Danube: running, inline skating, bicycling, rowing, etc. And the Salzkammergut lakes, the hills ("Sound of Music"), and the Alps are not far, either, so day trips for hiking in the mountains, swimming, sailing, or skiing are no problem whatsoever.
In addition, there is excellent rail transportation to Vienna, Salzburg, and points north and south.
Those who work hard also need time to relax, and Linz has plenty of offerings for every taste. Concerts, theater, art exhibits, cinema, and numerous special events can be viewed at
Here, too, there are restaurants, pubs, and cafes for every taste. Students generally go to the city center, as well as to pubs and restaurants near the Johannes Kepler University. The areas around Hauptplatz, castle and Landstrasse are especially popular. For spectacular views, try the restaurants on the Pöstlingberg, the Schloßcafe, or the SkyGarden on the top of the Passage shopping center.
We also list Master's Programmes .
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Bachelor's degree at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (Linz campus)!