Flensburg University of Applied Sciences (FUAS) - Fachhochschule Flensburg - is Germany´s northernmost University of Applied Sciences.
Currently with about 3,600 students, FUAS has developed into one of Germany´s most successful universities for engineering and economics - a trend confirmed in a recent survey conducted by the Berlin-based market research institute trendence.
The survey, based on the views of more than 15,000 students from 52 universities, placed Flensburg University of Applied Sciences in top-ranking positions in the categories Competence of Professors and Lecturers and Quality of Counselling and Support.
Innovative courses such as Biotechnology and Process Engineering or International Professional Communication affirm FUAS´s excellent reputation both at home and abroad. Following numerous technology and knowledge transfer projects, FUAS now boasts several special areas of competence, e.g. the Centre for Mobile Communication and the fields of study Hospital Management and Energy and Environmental Management.
Co-operation agreements have been reached with some 60 universities worldwide. Practically all courses of study are accredited, and confer internationally recognised Bachelor´s or Master´s degrees.
Conclusion: Flensburg University of Applied Sciences can guarantee to equip its students with both professional and practical competences for tomorrow´s world.
All Bachelor's and Master's degree study programmes are accredited.
The most important responsibilities and services are:
* Expansion and management of contacts to partner universities abroad
* Co-ordination of activities within international co-operation programmes
* Caring for the needs of guests from abroad
International Student Support:
* Information and advisory service for students from abroad
* Caring for the needs of students from abroad
* Management of DAAD funds for students from abroad
Student Exchange Programmes:
* Organisational management of international student exchange programmes (which includes providing students with information, management of application and admission procedures, briefing and support of students from abroad, management of grants and other funding)
* In collaboration with International Professional Communication the preparation and support of their students semester abroad
* Co-operation with international exchange organisations and stipendiary organisations, management of application and selection procedures
Information and Advisory Service:
* Creation, management and dissemination of information material about exchange programmes, funding programmes; liaising with partner institutions and potential partner institutions abroad
* Individual advisory support of all members of FUAS (students, lecturers, staff) in all matters concerning financial support, study, internships and research projects abroad
* Practical support during the preparation phase and actual implementation of new exchange schemes and co-operation programmes; assistance with applications for funding
* Conception and implementation of information events
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Bachelor at Flensburg University of Applied Sciences!